This is a great combination of flavours so apt for this time of year. It is also easy to make as I cooked the squash in my air fryer so saved money as it uses so much less electricity than the oven, we all are feeling the pinch at the moment with the recession around the corner.this is the first time I’ve used sage in a pesto I was worried it might taste soapy but it didn’t at all. Just a great winter salad.
- 1/2 medium or small squash
- 100g pasta, cooked to packet instructions
- 2 tbsp oil, I used olive
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- Small bag of salad leaves
- 12 small sage leaves
- Small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- 8 walnuts, toasted
- 20g blue cheese, medium soft
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare the squash by putting it in the microwave for 5 minutes, this makes it easier to cut. Remove the seeds and slice.
- Add the squash to a bowl and rub all over with the 2 tbsp oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put the squash in the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- While the squash is cooking, make the pesto by adding all of the ingredients apart from the oil into a food processor, give it a blitz. Add 2 tbsp of oil at a time and give it a pulse. You may not need to use all 6 tbsp.
- Assemble the salad by adding the salad leaves, put the cooked squash and pasta on top. Finish by spooning over the pesto. Enjoy 😊
One Comment Add yours