Sometimes a veggie healthy salad hits the spot. Anything chargrilled tastes good with that smokey flavour and the lovely crunchy bits. Borlotti beans are so creamy and add abit of colour. I also think trying different pulses are great but I can’t be bothered to soak raw pulses as they are in every supermarket in tins. I love nut flavours so tahini does it for me. All these flavours work so good together as you’ve got crunch, sweetness and creaminess.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 corn on the cob
- 10 walnuts
- 1 tin borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- Small bag of salad
- 1 tbsp oil
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp warm water
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl give it a good shake of whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Brush a griddle pan with half of the oil. Heat until hot. Add the sweetcorn and chargrill for 2 minutes and each side so 8 minutes in total. Cut of the kernels. Set aside.
- Brush the rest of the oil on the griddle pan, add the courgettes and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Add the walnuts and toast for 30 seconds on each side.
- Assemble the salad by adding the salad leaves, borlotti beans, courgettes, sweetcorn and walnuts. Dollop over the dressing and enjoy 😊