I got some really good quality feta cheese and olives from a farmer’s market so I wanted to use them in a simple way. The dressing matches the flavours perfectly. I didn’t toss the feta or olives in the dressing as I wanted to keep their flavour fresh. All the other ingredients really complimented everything.
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp honey
- Good twist of black pepper
- Salt if desired I didn’t as feta and olives are salty.
- bag of salad leaves
- 6 gherkins, sliced
- 10 cherry vine tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 6 pickled courgettes, optional (recipe here)
- 6 large green olives, sliced
- Block of feta
- Add the lemon, oil, dried herbs, pepper and pepper to a jar or small bowl, shake or whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a salad bowl add the salad leaves, gherkins, tomatoes and courgettes (if using). Pour over the dressing you made earlier and toss to combine.
- Share the salad between 2 bowls. Sprinkle over the sliced olives and crumble over the feta. Enjoy 😊