If you look back at my posts you will see I made my own salt beef but you can just buy some. I always have different mustards in my cupboard. Beef and mustard is a classic combo, I couldn’t decide which one to use in the dressing so decided to mix all 3 it tasted so good. I am also really into crispy capers at the moment as they are salty and crispy and look like flowers cooked.The great thing is the salad is quick to make.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- 4 slices salt beef (recipe)
- 4 large gherkins, sliced horizontally
- Bag of salad leaves
- 2 tbsp capers
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp honey mustard (if you don’t have this just do another tsp of Dijon and honey)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half lemon
- Heat some oil in a small saucepan until hot. Stand back (capers will spit) add the capers. You will know they are cooked as they will open up like flowers and they will stop sizzling. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar or bowl, give it a good shake or whisk to combine.
- Assemble the salad by sharing the salad leaves between 2 bowls. Add the gherkins and tear up the salt beef slices. Pour over the dressing then finish off by sprinkling the crispy capers over the top 😋