I love tomatoes this time of year as they are so sweet and juicy. I learnt a tip while watching Raymond blanc that if you keep the tomatoes at room temperature and salt them and herbs and leave them for at least 30 minutes I don’t mind the seeds but you can always drain them off if you don’t like them.
For the Tomatoes and Tomato Dressing
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs, I used Italian
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
For the Croutons
- 1 large slice of sourdough, torn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Salad
- 1 bull of burrata
- 1 baby gem lettuce, sliced
- First add the chopped tomatoes to a bowl along with the dried herbs and salt. Give it a good stir (I use my hands) set aside for at least 30 minutes so the salt makes the juices come out.
- In the meantime make the croutons by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and again give it a firm mix so the olive oil coats all the bread and the Parmesan sticks. I cook mine in the air fryer at 190 for 5 minutes until nice and crispy. But you can fry until brown or cook in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes just checking half way through.
- when the tomatoes have released their juices, add the chopped lettuce between 2 bowls. Scoop out the tomatoes and share between the 2 bowls reserving the liquid (if you don’t like the seeds drain in a sieve keeping the juices). Add the olive oil and vinegar and give it a whisk, pour over the lettuce and tomatoes.
- finish off by topping and tear over the burrata. Enjoy 😊