I’m starting to get so excited with the local produce season that’s on its way. I have missed so many things but sweet tomatoes and baby cucumbers that are in season now taste so fresh and of course asparagus is coming up. I’m also trying to get more herbs in my diet so trying to put them in more things and this salad was perfect to get a couple of them in which made it so uplifting, fresh and tangy.
For the salad
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 baby cucumbers, halved and sliced
- Small bag of salad leaves, I used watercress
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves only roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced
- 1 hot smoked salmon
- Sea salt
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Reserved tomato juices
- Reserved cucumber juices
- Add the cucumbers into a bag making sure it is sealed, give the cucumbers a light bash and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl add a good pinch of salt and give it a stir around so the salt coats them all. Like the cucumbers leave for 15 mins.
- Assemble the salad by adding the salad leaves, dill and parsley, avocado, tomatoes and cucumbers, in the bowl you had your tomatoes in you will see they have left some yummy juice behind, tip the cucumber juice into the tomato bowl and add the rest of the dressing ingredients and give a good whisk.
- To serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad and place the salmon on top. Enjoy 😊