I love jersey royal season, they are so creamy compared to the usual new potatoes, though I don’t mind them ever. I love a potato salad and it seems to be popular in the US I think we probably stole the idea from them. I bought some roast beef slices but I don’t think they are as good as leftovers from a roast dinner. Of course beef and horseradish are a tradition but after making this I think potato and horseradish are match made in heaven.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 6 jersey royal or new potatoes
- 2 tbsp of horseradish sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 slices of roast beef
- Small bag of salad leaves
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked drain and rinse under cold water, cut the potatoes into quarters. Add the horseradish, seasoning and chives mix well so the potatoes are coated.
- To serve, share the salad between 2 serving dishes, spoon over the potatoes and tear the beef on top. Enjoy 😊