We are still keeping our calories down 2 days a week and I came across this recipe. I didn’t think we would be able to have cheese but light mozzarella isnt too high in calories. You replace the mince with lentils and I know it sounds strange but it still tastes really meaty and it really fills you up. I think having a meat free day now and then is really good for you too. Recipe from good to know.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 aubergines, sliced
- low cal cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Handful fresh basil, torn, plus extra to garnish
- 400g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 ball mozzarella, torn
- Heat a grill to high. Place the aubergine on a griddle pan, spray with low cal cooking oil. Grill until golden brown, then turn, spray and cook on the other side.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and allow to infuse for 1 min. Pour in the tomatoes and basil, Simmer for 10 mins. Add the lentils and cook for 5-10 mins to warm through and reduce.
Pre heat oven to 200 degrees fan. Lay a layer of aubergine into an ovenproof dish spoon over the tomato sauce and repeat. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins. Scatter a few basil leaves over the top of the dish just before serving. Enjoy