Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 1 small fennel bulb, outer leaves removed cut into eighth’s
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 can cannellini beans
- handful of raisin’s
- the fennel prongs off the fennel
- 8 walnut’s, broken in half
- 6 large olives, sliced
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- drizzle of olive oi for frying
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp molasses or honey
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan. Add the cut fennel pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned on both sides.
- In a bowl add all of the salad ingredients except for the cooked fennel and toss to combine.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a bowl or jar, shake or whisk to combine, set aside.
- To serve, share the salad ingredients between 2 serving dishes or lunch boxes. Add the caramelised fennel pieces, drizzle over the dressing. Enjoy.