Veal escalope’s are such a great quick tasty dinner. If you eat italian food you probably have heard of this combination scaloppini al limone. The flavours work so well together and the potatoes are healthier as you fry them in olive oil over a high heat so they don’t absorb any fat and have nice crispy bits.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 veal escalopes
- plain flour for dusting
- juice of 2 lemons
- 300ml chicken stock or a glass of wine
- sprig of basil, finely chopped
- 25g knob of butter
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- seasoning to taste
- olive oil for frying
For the veal
- Place the veal on a chopping board, cover with cling film and bash with a mallet or rolling pin to thin out the steaks.
- Add some flour to a plate and season with salt and pepper, add the veal and coat on both sides.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan once smoking hot add the floured veal escalopes and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Once cooked set aside on a plate.
- Add the wine or stock and lemon juice to the same pan and let in bubble away so it reduces by half. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add in the chopped basil and butter. Add the escalopes back to the pan to warm through.
For the sautéed potatoes
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add in the potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, drain potatoes.
- Heat a good drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the potatoes and cook over the high heat for 10 minutes to brown all over. Reduce heat to a low medium heat and cook for further 20 minutes making sure you keep moving the potatoes around the pan so they don’t burn. Serve alongside the veal and sauce. Enjoy.
One Comment Add yours
Amazing dinner recipe!
LikeLiked by 1 person