I didn’t know much about kohlrabi but I love trying new things and looking up information about them and from what I read they taste great in salads and its true. This was really yummy and crunchy and the blue cheese worked so well. It is like an exotic slaw with really nice texture and freshness.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 apple, core removed cut into matchsticks
- 2 handfuls of watercress salad leaves
- 50g soft blue cheese, like rouquefort
- 8 walnuts broken into pieces
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic, optional
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the prepared fennel, kohlrabi and apple to a bowl.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a jar or bowl, shake or whisk to combine. Pour over the vegetables in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Assemble the salad by adding a handful of watercress to two serving dishes, top with the slaw. Pull pieces of the cheese and add to the salad. Finish off with the walnuts. Enjoy.