So I’m back from Devon so gone are the pasties and cream teas. So I’m starting the week off at work with this yummy salad. You can use whatever vegetables you have left over from the weekend. The goats cheese adds little creamy mouthfuls and the herby dressing lifts and freshens up the salad.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- small bag of salad leaves
- 50g hard goats cheese, cubed
- mixed vegetables, I used aubergine, red onion and a courgette, sliced
- walnuts to sprinkle over the top
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp garlic oil or 1 small clove minced
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp runny honey
- pinch of salt
- splash of water, if needed to loosen up the dressing
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees (fan). On a baking try add the chopped vegetables drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper or a herb mixture like zaatar. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- To make the dressing add all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl, shake or whisk well to combine.
- To assemble the salad, share the salad leaves and goats cheese between 2 serving dishes. Add the slightly cooled vegetables, sprinkle over the walnuts and finish off with the dressing. Enjoy.