We have been having lovely weather in the UK at the moment, so if it’s sunny and over 20 degree’s Paulie and I hit the beach. Last time I used up some leftover turkey and made some delicious Picnic Perfect Left Over Turkey or Chicken, Pancetta, Mushroom and Leek Puff Pastry Parcels Recipe. I am trying to make our picnic’s healthy and tasty but also need to make them rucksack and beach friendly too. These little morsels really pack a punch and were delicious in my homemade pitta breads with a drizzle of mint and coriander yoghurt dip. The best thing is they are so cheap and easy to make and are baked in the oven keeping them so healthy.
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground chilli powder
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- small handful of coriander, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat 0ven 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Put both the chopped onion and crushed garlic into the bowl of a food processor
- Add the salt, spices and the drained chickpeas (I rinse my chickpeas and pick out any skins).
- Add in the fresh herbs. Blend until the mixture is combined, but still a little coarse.
- Divide the mixture into 12 and shape into small balls with your hands. (If you wet your hands with cold water it won’t stick as much).
- Place the falafel balls on a baking tray. Brush with a little oil, put in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins turning them half way, or until crisp and golden.