Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 pack of king prawns, raw or cooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 red cabbage, chopped
- 1 ring of rice noodles
- 1 sweet pepper or red chilli, chopped
- handful of sprouts (optional)
- 3 pieces of pickled ginger, chopped
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp chilli oil (recipe here)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- If you are using raw prawns cook them for 3-4 mins until they change colour, for a tip if you put a saucepan lid on for the last min it will steam them and keep them juicy.
- Add the noodles to a bowl cover with boiling water and leave for at least 5 minutes.
- In a bowl add the pickled ginger to the cabbage and set aside. To make the pickling liquor add the red wine vinegar and sugar to a pan bring to the boil and reduce for 2 mins, pour over the cabbage and pickled ginger stir in well and place in fridge.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a jar shake well and leave to infuse while you make the salad.
- To assemble the salad drain the noodles and place in the middle of the plate. Put the carrots next to the noodles on one side and the pickled cabbage on the other, sprinkle with the sprouts. Spoon the dressing over the noodles, add the prawns and finish off the sweet pepper.