Shake up your salad’s with something different. This is the first time I have had roasted broccoli and it was so delicious. This salad has everything you need regarding taste as you get texture and crunch from the pine nut’s, saltiness from the halloumi, earthiness from the broccoli and courgettes, sweetness from the sultana’s all of which is lifted by the sourness of the dressing. And the added bonus to great balance of flavours is it is low fat and full of nutrients.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- 1/2 bag of rocket leaves
- 1 broccoli head, cut into small pieces
- 1 courgette, sliced
- small handful of pine nut’s
- sprig of rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 pack of halloumi
- small handful sultana’s
- drizzle of olive oil
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan). On a baking tray add the chopped broccoli, sliced courgettes and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the rosemary. Add a drizzle of olive oil and rub with hands to coat all the ingredients. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the broccoli and courgette mixture is baking, add a pan to medium heat. Dry fry the halloumi for around 2 minutes on each side and set aside on a plate on kitchen paper.
- Next prepare the dressing in a jar and shake well
- Once the broccoli and courgette mixture is cooked, let it cool slightly.
- Assemble the salad by adding some rocket between 2 bowls, add the baked broccoli and courgette mixture, halloumi, sultanas and drizzle over the dressing.