This is so tasty and so healthy. We had forgotten to by some salad leaves and had some spinach, feta and a lemon left over from a previous recipes and we have some staples in the cupboard such as jarred olives, olive oil and balsamic. The herbs were from my windowsill and garden, mix all these things together and this was the result. I was very pleasantly surprised this is sweet, sour and salty with the earthiness of the spinach leaves. I enjoyed every mouthful and would definitely make again. I love the fact that eating clean and being healthy is enjoyable rather than chore.
- Good handful spinach leaves
- 8 cherry vine tomatoes, quartered
- 6 slices of frozen chargrilled eggplant slices
- drizzle of olive oil for roasting
For the feta dressing
- 60g good feta cheese, crumbed
- 6 green pitted olives, sliced
- 8 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon olive oil (or plain olive oil if you don’t have this)
- 1 tsp good balsamic vinegar
- crack of black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees (fan), add a good drizzle of olive oil to an oven dish and place in the oven for a couple of minutes. Add the aubergine/eggplant and bake for 20 minutes turning halfway.
- While the aubergine/eggplant are baking, add all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside to infuse.
- Once the eggplant has cooled, share the spinach, tomatoes and eggplants between 2 salad bowls and top with feta dressing.