This is a very quick recipe and doesn’t require you to make a dressing as the olive oil coats and combines the tuna mixture. I am really enjoying our health kick at the moment and Paulie has lost 1/2 stone already just by cutting right down on carbs, fat and sugar intake! The tomatoes are really sweet at the moment and I have noticed that the supermarket are getting more and more from the UK which are always my 1st choice, yay!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 small tin of pole line tuna (in spring water is our favourite)
- 8 vine cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp capers
- 8 cornichons or gherkins, chopped
- 2 tbsp preserved lemons, chopped (recipe here)
- good grind of black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon olive oil
- 1 tsp of store cupboard lemon juice or a squeeze of fresh
- 1 small bag of salad (we used watercress, rocket and spinach)
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the salad leaves and put in fridge for at least 10 minutes so the flavours combine.
- Divide salad leaves between 2 bowls and spoon over the tuna mixture.
- Serve and enjoy.
One Comment Add yours
I love tuna! Thanks for this recipe! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person