The weather was lovely yesterday, on these warm days we only fancy something light for dinner. We would have this with just vegetables but as it is jersey royal season we are making the most of these lovely earthy new potatoes. Crushing them with a fork in the sauce is delicious and to top it off is the scrummy halibut and a little burst from a caper too. Roll on summer!
Ingredients (serve’s 2)
- 2 Halibut fillets
- 100ml olive oil plus extra for frying
- new potatoes
- 4 anchovies chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tomatoes skinned and cut into eighth’s
- tbsp drained capers
- Start by getting the new potatoes on by placing them in a pan of boiling water.
- While the potatoes are cooking add 100ml olive oil, anchovies, lemon juice and tomatoes to a pan and cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes start to break down add the capers and set aside off the heat.
- After the potatoes have been boiling for 10 minutes or 10 mins before the end heat a frying pan with a good glug of olive oil, once hot on a high heat cook the halibut skin side down for 3 minutes, turn the heat down to medium and cook for a further 2 minutes, flip over the fish and cook for another 5 minutes on flesh side.
- While fish is resting, drain potatoes and warm through the sauce and serve.