Jersey Royals are my favourite new potato of all time. It is only the start of the season and Paulie managed to get me a bag of decent sized Jersey Royals. We have them for dinner the other night and there were a few left over so I thought I would use them up in salad. Paulie does a salad like this one so I copied it and added a dressing to it as we have a lovely Marjoram plant on our windowsill.
- small tin of tuna
- 4-6 jersey royal potatoes
- 1/4 bag of rocket
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey dijon mustard (if you have normal mustard add a tsp honey)
- 2 tbsp marjoram (any herb) chopped
- 1 small clove minced garlic
- grind of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes in water until cooked, mine took 20 mins, (pierce with fork until soft)
- Add all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk with a fork until combined, add the olive oil in a steady flow while whisking and then the lemon juice, give it a good stir until combined.
- The potatoes should of cooled by now, cut into quarters and to another bowl, tip in the tuna and roughly mix so break up the tuna chunks, add the dressing and stir well, keep covered and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the dressing infuses the tuna and potato mix.
- Once ready add your rocket to your bowl or plate spoon on the tuna and potato mixture and enjoy!