Stir fry’s are so good for a really quick dinner and using up bits of veg in the fridge. I don’t think the sauce is set in stone either. I think you just need a base then you can taste and adjust to your liking.
- 175g prepared stir fry duck breast strips or 1 duck breast, skin removed and cut into strips
- 1/2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp black bean sauce
- 1 tsp shaoxing wine
- 1 pointed cabbage, cut down middle lengthways then sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- Add the first 5 ingredients into a bowl. Give it a good mix so the duck strips are coated. Cover and pop in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- The stir fry is quick so have everything ready. Add ingredients 6 – 10 into a bowl and whisk to combine to form a sauce.
- In a wok or frying pan, add the oil until it starts to smoke. Add the duck breast and stir fry for 3 minutes moving it around so it’s browned all over. Remove and set aside.
- Add the cabbage and pepper and stir fry for another 3 minutes. Add the tbsp of ginger and garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the duck and the sauce you prepared. Cook until slightly bubbling. Serve immediately. Enjoy 😊