I love smoked trout it’s abit more delicate than smoked salmon and most supermarkets stock it. I buy shelled edamame or soya beans already prepared and frozen so you can just grab a handful and rinse them under some warm water to defrost. I could eat capers with anything as the give a punch of saltiness and you then get the zingy hit from the lemon and crunchiness from the gherkins.
For the Salad
- Small bag of salad leaves
- 1 cup of soya or edamame beans
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, snipped
- 100g smoked trout slices
For the Salsa
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 large gherkin, chopped to same size of capers
- 1/2 preserved lemon, chopped to same size of capers and gherkins
- 1/4 lemon, juice only
- 1/4 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Make the salsa by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and give it a fold so everything is mixed well.
- Between 2 serving dishes add the salad leaves, beans and chives, give it a toss. Add the slices of trout and finish by spooning over the salsa. Enjoy 😊