So I had a lonely courgette in the fridge and the temperature is getting cooler now so I decided to go for soup as I always have frozen spinach and peas so decided to chuck them in with the courgette. This was fresh and very quick to make and of course Uber healthy.
- 1 courgette, cut into cubes
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 frozen spinach balls or fresh
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive oil for frying and drizzling
- Heat a glug of oil to a pan that will be big enough to hold the stock.
- Add the courgette and shallots and cook for 5 minutes so they have softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the stock and add the bay leaf, simmer for 10 minutes. Add the peas and spinach and simmer for a further 5 minutes minutes. Blitz and serve with a drizzle of oil over the top. Enjoy 😊