It’s that time of year where I am doing batches of pickling the summer vegetables while they are still fresh. These radishes look so pretty in the jar and I have used my go to spiced recipe I use it for all sorts it is also great with courgettes.
- Bunch of radishes, topped and tailed and sliced thinly.
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 dill sprigs, fronds only
For the Pickling Liquid
- 350ml cider vinegar
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp mixed peppercorns
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Sterilise a jar by popping it in the oven for 5 minutes or washing it with warm soapy water.
- Layer the radish slices. Garlic slices and dill fronds.
- Add all of the pickling ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to the boil and pour over the radishes. Leave to cool completely then enjoy all autumn and winter. 😋
One Comment Add yours