This is such a versatile salad and the bonus is its healthy, colourful and very tasty. The dill and lemon together are so fresh, it works so well with the chickpeas and chorizo. I have learnt a tip with chickpeas, once drained I gave the a good rub and then pick off as many skins as I can they taste so much better as it loses the chalkiness.
For the Dressing
- Zest 1/2 lemon
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 3 dill sprigs, fronds only
- 1/4 tsp runny honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Salad
- 3 baby cooking chorizo, skins removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup soya beans, thawed if frozen
- 1 vine of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 large green olives, sliced
- 4 gherkins, sliced
- 8 pickled radish slices, optional (recipe here)
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a jar or bowl, shake of whisk to combine.
- Heat a frying pan until hot. Add the chorizo and fry for a few minutes so they are brown all over. Drain on kitchen paper and Set aside.
- Prepare the chickpeas by draining them you can reserve the juice (aquafaba) to make something else like this mayo. Give the chickpeas a good rub and remove as many skins as you can.
- To assemble the salad, add the chickpeas, soya beans, tomatoes, olives and gherkins. Pour over the dressing and give it a good toss. Sprinkle over the chorizo crumbs and radish (if using) and serve. Enjoy 😊