The colour of this mash is so vibrant and gorgeous. The mash tastes really yummy too. I had mine with sausages and gravy but you can have this with anything really. It’s also a great was to get some veg into kids as it is a bit fun and quirky and the nutrients in beetroot are so good for you, maybe don’t add as much pepper as me!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200g potatoes, peeled and diced into similar sized chunks
- 1 large pre cooked beetroot, roughly chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp horseradish, optional
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper, use less if you don’t want it too peppery
- Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil then boil until fork soft (mine took 20mins).
- Add the potatoes, beetroot, butter, horseradish (if using) and salt into a food processor, blitz so you have a smooth texture.
- Stir in the fresh pepper and serve. Enjoy 😊