How good is a fresh and zingy easy and quick summery salad. This one ticks all the boxes and I’m loving the middle eastern flavours the ingredients are things you buy once but last for ages. So if you try a few different recipes using an ingredient you haven’t before you will end up with an amazing store cupboard. I couldn’t be bothered to marinade my chicken on this occasion as I didn’t have time so I bought pre marinated to make it simple and very quick.
For the Salad
- 1 pack of marinated chicken chunks, I chose Moroccan flavour
- 5 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp toasted almond flakes
- 3 tbsp sultanas
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Small bag of salad leaves
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp flavourless oil, I used rapeseed
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp zaatar spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- I cooked my chicken in the air fryer for 15 minutes on 185 degrees but frying or using the oven will be just as good.
- While the chicken is cooking put the sultanas in a bowl and cover with hot water and set aside.
- Next put all of the dressing ingredients into a jar or bowl and give it good shake or whisk to combine.
- Put the grated carrots, drained sultanas, mint and coriander into a bowl mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and give it mix to coat everything.
- To assemble, share the salad leaves between 2 bowls, add the carrot mixture, sprinkle over the toasted almonds and finish off with the cooked chicken. Enjoy 😊