Sometimes I find that vine leaves can be a bit soggy and slimy but I just love the flavours so I thought I’d try crisping them up my first attempt was on the BBQ which were yummy but today I put them in the air fryer and they were even better I think the oven would do the same thing. I wanted to keep a theme going so made the lovely lemon hummus and added some tapenade for flavour and a nice sprinkle of zaatar for seasoning. This was delicious creamy, citrusy, salty and all topped off with the delicious vine leaves
- 1 tin or pot of vine leaves
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of a lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Good pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp zaatar
- 4 tbsp tapenade (recipe here) but jarred is fine
- For the vine leaves, pat dry each vine leave on all sides. Place in the air fryer or oven at 200 degrees and cook for 15 minute’s, turning half way.
- in a food processor, add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and salt. Blitz until it is chunky, keeping blender on a medium speed add the oil in a consistent stream. Check the texture if you want yours slightly wetter add a splash of water.
- Spoon the hummus mixture between 2 bowls smooth the hummus around the plates. Add a 2 tbsp of tapenade in the shape you want. Sprinkle over the zaatar and finish with the crispy vine leaves on top. Enjoy 😊