Sorry another recipe using wild garlic pesto 🙈 you can use any pesto in this dish. I love lamb chops when they are cooked right the are so juicy and tender and I love the crispy fat too. I was getting board of red wine gravy on them all the time so shook it up a bit with this recipe. It was soooo yummy all the flavours worked perfectly the tender lamb, sweet and sour gravy and of course creamy herby mash.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Barnsley Lamb Chops
- 1 tbsp oil
- Black Pepper and Sea Salt
For the Jersey Royals
- 12 Jersey Royals, washed
- 2 tbsp Pesto homemade or shop bought, I used Wild Garlic (recipe here)
- Salt and Pepper
For the Gravy
- 1 Glass of Red Wine
- 1 large Shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 300ml Lamb or beef Stock
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Knob of butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees fan
- For the Potatoes – Place the Jersey Royals in a pan of boiling water and cook for 20 mins. Drain and season with salt and pepper. When you put them on the serving plate add a tbsp of pesto on top of the potatoes on each serving dish.
- For the Lamb – Heat the oil in an oven proof pan. Brown chops for 2 mins on one side. Flip the chops over and place in the oven for 10 mins uncovered. Once the chops are cooked let them rest in foil for at least 10 minutes.
- For the Gravy – While the lamb is resting. In the pan you used to cook the chops pour off most of the fat and heat over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened for around 3 minutes, pour in the red wine making sure you scrap pan to get all of the caramelised bits. Let the wine bubble for around 3 minutes. Add in the stock and again let it bubble until reduced by half. In a dish mix together the Balsamic Vinegar, Pomegranate Molasses Maple Syrup and Rosemary, add to pan and simmer for 5 mins. Stir in the butter so the sauce is nice and shiny. Add the resting juices that were left in the foil from the lamb.
- Divide between 2 serving plates and enjoy 😊