So I couldn’t make anything more apt for Queen Elizabeth’s Jubilee celebration it was first made up for her coronation so I guess it’s truly hers there have been variations going as far back as George V but this version is my favourite . God bless the queen and Britain.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp currents, soaked in boiling water
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp apricot jam or mango chutney
- 6 apricots sliced and diced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice of a lemon
- seasoning to taste
- In a saucepan add the chicken stock, bay leaf, peppercorns and cumin seeds. Bring to the boil and turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Add the chicken breast and poach gently with a lid for 10 minutes. Once cooked wrap in foil to rest.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the toasted almonds and give it a good whisk to combine.
- Shred the chicken and add to the curry mixture.
- Share between 2 bowls, sprinkle over the almonds. Enjoy 😊