We have been so lucky with our late summer vegetables this year. The tomatoes aren’t as sweet as the height of summer so they work really well being cooked. This is a light tasty one pot dinner using up the last bits of summer vegetables. The chorizo adds a really nice smokiness and meaty flavour. I like flavour so I added some spices into mine but dried herbs would work just as well to make it more Provençal.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 small cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 good tsp of ground cumin
- 1 level tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp seas salt and fresh pepper
- 1 medium to large courgette, cut into cubes
- 6-8 cherry vine tomatoes, halved
- 250ml good quality chicken stock
- Heat a lidded frying pan over a medium heat add the chorizo and fry for a couple of minutes on each side until they brown and release their oils. Once done place on some kitchen paper leaving the oils in the pan. Put the pan back on the heat, add the chicken and brown all over, set aside with the chorizo.
- If you need too add a drizzle of oil to the pan, add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they have softened. Add the garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Next add the spices, seasoning and courgettes and fry off for a minute or so.
- Add in the chicken, chorizo and tomatoes and pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Put the lid on the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Serve between 2 serving bowls and enjoy.