Our fishmonger does a cracking hot smoked salmon. The textures in this dish work so well together. The flesh of the salmon is nice and soft against the crunchy beans and watercress. The smooth creamy avocado works so well the salty capers. Rosemary, garlic and lemon go so well together and it perfectly finishes off the salad.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salmon
- 1 large piece or 2 small hot smoked salmon fillets
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tbsp of the dressing
For the dressing
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
For the salad
- 1 small bag of rocket leaves
- 120g pack of extra fine beans, tops and tailed trimmed
- 1 avocado, de-stoned and peeled, cut into chunks
- 3 left over new potatoes, sliced (or boil them for 20 mins)
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees (fan).
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl. Shake or whisk to combine.
- Place the salmon in a large piece of foil. Add 2 tbsp of the dressing, season and place a rosemary sprig on top. Crunch up the foil so the salmon is enclosed. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl add the avocado and the juice of half a lemon, stir to coat (this will stop it going brown) add in the new potatoes, chives, capers and season to taste. Give it a stir to combine everything.
- To assemble the salad. Share the salad leaves between 2 serving bowls. Top with the green beans then the avocado mixture. Place a salmon fillet on top and finish off with a drizzle of the dressing.