I am really into sausage’s in our salad’s at the moment. They are cheap, full of flavour and easy to cook. We had sausage and mash for dinner and cooked the whole pack of 6 giving me 2 leftover for this. The fig and sausage work so well together, you also get a nice sweet and sour flavour from the beetroot. The cumin and molasses go so well together and really brings the whole dish together.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 cooked sausages (grilled, turning for 18mins)
- 4 figs, halved
- 2 tsp of runny honey
- small bag of rocket leaves
- 2 pickled beetroots, cut into chunks
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (fan). Place the fig halves in an oven dish and drizzle over the honey. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl. Shake or whisk to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, share the rocket between 2 serving dishes. Add the cooked figs, beetroot and sausage. Finish by drizzling over the dressing. Enjoy.