If you saw my previous post you would of seen I pickled some red onion’s. I used them in this salad and they worked so well. There is so much produce around this time of year, especially lots of different types of beans. I am growing some broad beans but didn’t have enough for this salad so I used some frozen soya beans instead. This really is summer in a bowl.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Couple of handfuls of fresh broad beans or frozen soya beans (thawed)
- 1 pack of smoked pancetta cubes or bacon lardons (77g)
- bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 40g good quality feta cheese
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 forkful’s of pickled red onions (recipe here)
- salad leaves, to serve
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and fry for a couple of minutes stirring regularly. Once golden drain on kitchen paper.
- Place the bean’s into a bowl, crumb in the feta and add the mint, vinegar, onions and drained pancetta. Lightly toss to combine.
- Add some salad leaves to 2 serving bowls, add the bean mixture and serve. Enjoy 🙂