Ingredients (makes one jar)
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 1 large garlic bulb, peeled
- 200ml white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp caster sugar, I use golden
- 1 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 10 black peppercorns
- 20 coriander seeds
- 100ml water
- Start by slicing the red onion as thinly as possible. Set aside in a bowl. Slice the garlic clove and add to onions.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a saucepan and heat over a medium heat until the sugar and salt dissolves.
- Pour over the onions and weight them down with a plate or owl so fully submerged. Leave overnight.
- Sterilise a jar and tip the pickled onions and liquor into it. Use as required. Enjoy.