This salad is so summery as courgettes and tomatoes are bang in season at the moment. I really like the flavour of Za’tar it is a middle eastern blend of spices including sumac, sesame seeds, oregano, thyme, marjoram and salt. It and herbs to adds a really nice flavour to meat and vegetables and you don’t need to use much. To keep this salad under 200 calories I used the tomato juice as a dressing.
Ingredients (serves 2)
Za’atar Grilled Courgettes
- 2 courgettes, sliced to 1/2cm, top and ends removed
- 2 tsp za’atar
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the Salad
- 10 cherry vine tomato’s, halved
- pinch of za’atar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 pack feta cheese
- small bag of salad leaves
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and za’atar to a bowl and mix, set aside so the tomatoes release their juices.
- Pre heat grill to a high heat. Place the sliced courgettes into a bowl add the za’atar and oil and mix with your hands to coat.
- Place the courgette’s on a griddle pan and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the salad, share the salad between 2 serving plates add the courgettes and tomatoes. Crumb over the feta and drizzle the tomato juices over, making sure you get all the basil bits.
One Comment Add yours
So yummy 😁
LikeLiked by 1 person