I’m loving the vegetables and salad ingredients at the moment. Purple sprouting broccoli is one of my favourite as you will see from my posts. I thought I would try some in a salad and it worked so well with the salty parma ham and cheese. Grilling them added a deepness of flavour and more texture. This is a tasty seasonal salad.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 6-8 stalks of purple sprouting broccoli
- small bag of rocket leaves
- 6 slices of parma ham or prosciutto
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- manchengo or parmesan shavings, to serve
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1/2 tbsp grain mustard
- zest of a lemon
- Place the broccoli in a bowl drizzle with olive oil and season with a crack of pepper and salt. Mix with your hands to coat all over.
- Heat the grill to high and grill the stalks 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the salad by sharing the rocket between 2 servings bowls, sprinkle over the tomatoes, tuck in the parma ham, add the broccoli and shave over the cheese. Finish off by drizzling over the dressing. Enjoy.