I have wanted to have a go at my own tandoori chicken for ages. My mum use to make it for dinner quite often. The chicken was delicious and moist and the spicy coating was a burst of flavour in your mouth. The herbs add freshness and you then get the cool yoghurt and sweet mango dressing. I think it is worth the effort.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the tandoori chicken
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 100g tofu, cubed (optional)
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
For the herb salad
- 1 baby gem lettuce, sliced
- bunch of coriander, leaves only roughly torn
- bunch of mint, leaves only roughly torn
For the mango and yoghurt dressing
- 4 tbsp of natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- zest and juice of a lime
- pinch of salt
- Marinade the chicken and tofu (if using) by adding all of the ingredients into a bowl, add in the chicken and tofu and stir lightly to coat (try not to break up the tofu. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour, the longer you can leave it the more tender and flavoursome it will be.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Place the marinated chicken and tofu on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden and you have crispy bits.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- To serve, add the salad and herbs between 2 serving dishes and toss lightly to combine. Top with the cooked chicken and tofu, spoon over the mango and yoghurt dressing. Enjoy.
2 Comments Add yours
Wow, wonderful weblog format! How lengthy have you been blogging for? you make blogging glance easy. The full glance of your site is excellent, let alone the content!
Sounds so delicious, would love to try!