This salad was a treat, the beef was so tender. As it is such a beautiful cut of beef I wanted to do it justice so I just seared it on the outside and cut it as thinly as I could. This was my first taste of buckwheat noodle and they were so good and melted in your mouth more than white noodles. The sauce with the cabbage and broccoli worked so well and was finished off with the freshness of the lime and carrot. Yum Hun!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 25g fillet steak
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 100g buckwheat noodles, cooked to packet instructions
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 1/2 red cabbage, sliced
- 1 tbsp sricha sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp kecap manis
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- small bag of spinach leaves
- 1 grated carrot
- juice of a lime
- oil for frying
- Add the fillet steak to a bowl and add in 1 tbsp kecap manis and 2 tbsp soy sauce and spoon all over the beef and place in fridge for as long as possible or at least one hour. I marinated mine the night before.
- Cook the noodles to packet instructions (I simmered mine in boiling water for 5 minutes) and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat, once smoking add the beef and sear for 10 seconds on each side. Leave to rest on a plate.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the frying pan you seared the beef in and heat over a high heat add in the broccoli and cabbage and cook for a couple of minutes. Add in the noodles and sauce and reduce to a simmer and cook for around 3 minutes, so the vegetables still have a bit of bite. Remove from the heat and add in the carrot and lime juice.
- To assemble the salad, add some spinach leaves to a serving dish, finely slice your beef, add the noodle mixture on the spinach and finish off with the sliced beef. Enjoy.