I often make store cupboard salads as you can add in what you fancy. We always have capers, sun dried tomatoes, walnuts and olive’s in our cupboard and really that is the basis of the salad. This is my go to salad when I have some leftover herbs and cheese knocking about in the fridge. You can mix it up to your taste and what you have in jar’s in your cupboard.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 100g whole wheat pasta, cooked to packet instructions
- 12 sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 6 chargrilled artichokes, roughly chopped
- 9 green olives
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 150g hard goats cheese, cubed
- 6 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 preserved lemon, finely chopped (recipe)
- 6 roasted garlic cloves, (recipe)
- 2 handfuls of salad leaves, I used spinach
For the dressing
- juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- To assemble the salad, add all of the ingredients apart from the spinach into a large bowl.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into an empty jar. Add lid and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mix and toss to combine and coat all of the ingredients.
- Assemble the salad by adding a handful of spinach leaves to each serving dish. Top with the pasta mixture. Enjoy.