I love keeping jars and tins stocked up in our cupboard as they always add yummy flavours to salad leaves. This is one of those salads where you don’t need to buy anything you can use up spare salad leaves and any cheese lying about. At the moment I’m not buying tomatoes in the UK as they few I have bought haven’t tasted very nice and I am really trying to keep it local too, so jarred sun dried tomatoes does the job perfectly.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- small bag of spinach leaves
- 1/2 tin of queen olives
- 8 jarred sun dried tomatoes
- 6 jarred chargrilled artichoke hearts, quarters
- 80g whole wheat cooked pasta, (I used penne and mine cooked for 7 minutes)
- cheese shavings to finish, I used a potato peeler
For the dressing
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- small pinch of sea salt
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a jar or bowl, shake or whisk hard to combine and set aside.
- Assemble the salad by sharing all the ingredients between 2 bowls.
- Spoon over the dressing and top with some shaved cheese.