So I made my own southern seasoning and wanted to try it out. This salad was so fresh, tasty and zingy I couldn’t get enough of it. This is also the first time I have tried South American black beans they were also delicious. I had mine in my lunchbox and it worked perfectly.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tsp of southern seasoning (recipe here)
- drizzle of olive oil
- small bag of salad leaves
- 2 handfuls of frozen or 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- 1 red pepper, de seeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tin black beans
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 thumbnail piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 long or 1 small red chilli, de seeded and finely sliced
- juice of 2 limes, zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp palm or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees (fan). Place the chicken, red onion and pepper in a baking tray. Drizzle over some olive oil. Rub the oil all over the chicken breast. Add the seasoning and rub to coat. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Assemble the salad by sharing the salad leaves between 2 serving bowls. Also share the sweetcorn, black beans, cooked peppers, onion and chicken.
- To make the dressing add all of the ingredients into a jar or bowl shake or whisk well to combine. Spoon the dressing over the salads and serve. Enjoy.