So I love a stir fry and it is good for helping you cut out the carbs. As you will see from my recent post’s my new ingredients are miso and tofu. In this recipe we used the tofu. I think my 2 favourite stir fry sauces are oyster sauce and this black bean sauce. It is quick, healthy and full of flavour.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 large chicken breast
- 200g tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 splashes seasame oil
- 1 fennel bulb
- thumb piece of fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 pack sugar snap peas (100g)
- 200ml chicken stock
- 4 tbsp black bean sauce
- Cut chicken breast into cubes and place in bowl with 1 tbsp of shoaxing wine, dark soy and light soy sauces and a splash of sesame oil. Do the same with the tofu. Cover both with cling film and allow to marinade for at least 30 mins.
- Chop the fennel bulb into 4 quarters and slice. Chop a thumb size piece of garlic and 4 garlic cloves. Prepare 200ml of chicken stock using a cube.
- Heat a wok till smoking. Add tablespoon of oil and stir fry the chicken and the marinade for 2/3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside
- Reheat the wok and add the fennel. Cook for a minute and if the pan gets dry splash in a little water.
- Next add 4 tbsp of black bean sauce followed by garlic, ginger and sugar snap peas and give everything a good coating. Next add the chicken stock, bring to boil put lid on wok and simmer for 3/4 mins
- Remove lid and turn up heat. Add the tofu including the marinade and the cooked chicken. Give everything a good stir and cook for a further 2 minutes. Thicken the sauce my mixing 1 tsp of cornflour with 2 tbsp of water. When slightly thickened spoon into bowels and serve immediately.