This dish is so comforting. There is something about creamy chicken, mushrooms and pea’s combined with pasta that is so comforting. As Paulie has his op tomorrow and is nil by mouth tonight last night we had an indulgent treat, this yummy dinner. The sage pasta adds a really yummy note and I love how you get crispy cubes of pancetta now and then. It was silky smooth and extremely delicious.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 leek, sliced
- 80g cubed pancetta or bacon
- 6 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls of frozen pea’s
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400ml chicken stock
- 284ml pot single cream
- parmesan, for grating
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil for frying
- knob of butter for frying
- portion of sage pasta (recipe here)
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan and brown and cook the chicken over a medium heat for around 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Melt a knob of butter in the frying pan Add and soften the leeks and mushrooms over a medium heat for a few minutes. Add the pancetta and brown for a couple of minutes.
- Get your pasta pan ready by adding boiling water to a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the garlic and frozen peas to the frying pan mixture.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring the mixture to the boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Put the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- When pasta is cooked drain and then add to the frying pan mixture along with the cream.
- Season to taste then serve with grated parmesan cheese over the top.