Who doesn’t like cheese on toast? This is a lunch that I leave to Paulie as he makes it perfectly. 2 simple additions take’s it from good to amazing. It is like a simple version of welsh rarebit without having to make the white sauce. I love mine dipped in brown sauce.
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread (recipe here)
- 175g cheddar cheese, grated (we like strong)
- 3 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 good dashes of worcester sauce
- Heat grill to high.
- mix the cheese, mustard and worcester sauce in a bowl.
- Place the bread on a grill and brown one side on the bread.
- Once ready flip the bread over and grill again for 30 sec’s.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the bread and put it back under the grill until the cheese has melted.