We had some left over rib eye steak from dinner which is too nice to chuck away so I thought I would make a noodle salad. The result was delicious it is fresh, spicy, sweet, nutty and really filling. I think I will have to save a bit of my steak for the next day every time I have one from now onwards.
For the salad
- watercress, leaves picked
- 1 nest of noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp mixed sesame seeds
- left over steak, sliced thinly
- small handful of small basil leaves
- small handful of small mint leaves
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp chilli oil (recipe here)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Place the nest of noodles in a bowl cover with boiling water and place a plate on top and leave to steam for 3 minutes.
- Heat a small frying pan over a moderate heat and toast the sesame seeds until they start popping and set aside.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid on and give it a good shake to combine.
- Drain and rinse the noodles, place in a bowl along with the watercress, grated carrot and herbs, add 4 tbsp of the dressing and stir to combine.
- Assemble the salad by adding the noodle mixture to 2 plates, top with the sliced beef and sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds.
3 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
This looks delicious!
Thanks @homemadewithmess if you give it a go let me know what you think 😀