Lucky for us in the UK our summer weather is hanging on, what could be nicer than a very quick, easy, light crab salad which doesn’t lack in flavour, served with a nice glass (or two) of cold wine, sat in the garden, heaven for me! This salad would be great for work or as an appetiser too, it can be prepared in advance and is so easy to make. Before we know it we will be back to stews and roasts so make sure you make the most of the weather before it changes!
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- 1 x tin white crab meat, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag salad leaves
- 2 handfuls of frozen soya beans, defrosted
- large piece of pickled ginger, sliced thinly (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a jar or bowl, shake or whisk to combine.
- Place the drained crab into a small bowl, add 2-3 tbsp of the dressing stir lightly to combine and set aside.
- Assemble the salad by sharing the salad leaves between 2 bowls, add the soya beans and pickled ginger.
- Spoon the marinate crab on top of the salad and drizzle with remainder of dressing.