Why is it healthy? A few reasons, firstly this recipe uses rapeseed oil to make the mayo, secondly the chicken and croutons are baked in the oven and not fried and finally it is completely egg free which makes it much lighter. We really enjoyed this salad and I would make it again for sure.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- small bag of salad leaves
- 12 rosemary and parmesan crouton’s (recipe here)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 chicken breasts (or 4 mini fillets)
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- parmesan shavings
- 2 tbsp salt (for brining)
For the Dressing
- 5 tbsp eggless mayo (recipe here)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees (fan). Firstly brine the chicken by filling a bowl 3/4 full and add the salt, place the chicken in the salt water and leave for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken and rinse under cold water. Bake the chicken for around 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- To keep the salad low fat cut any large pieces of fat rind off the bacon and fry until brown for around 2 minutes and set aside.
- To assemble the salad share the salad leaves between two serving dishes, add the tomatoes, chicken, bacon, crouton’s and shaved parmesan.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over the salads.