We have a lovely local pub called the coach and horses near danehill, it has a beautiful garden and really good food. Opposite the pub car park there is a cottage that sells their excess flowers, eggs and vegetables in a little hut. I get so excited to see what they have in the past we have had leeks, onions, salad, eggs and flowers. On this occasion we bought fresh broad beans and rhubarb. I made a sorbet with the rhubarb (recipe to follow) and with the broad beans we made this amazing dip to go with my homemade wholemeal bread and tomato jam it is so fresh and summery and the fresh broad beans are definitely the star, it was lovely on bread but to be honest it is a salad in it’s own right.
- 100g broad beans, shelled
- 60g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- crack of pepper
- Remove the broad beans from their pod and remove the outershell.
- Cook the broad beans for 4 minutes
- Once cooked drain in a sieve and rinse with cold water and place in a bowl, crush with a fork or masher.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine