Bali and Asia is a special place for Paulie and I. We fell in love with Bali a few years ago and ended up getting married there last year as we loved the country, people, culture and food. I love their fresh salads which are salty, sour , spicy and sweet. Papaya and mango are amongst my favourite ‘exotic’ fruits I love them at breakfast with a slice of lime when on holiday, although these fruits aren’t as fresh and sweet in the UK, todays Asia inspired salad got pretty close and contains all the S’s needed for a balanced mouthful (salt, spice etc), I never knew how healthy food can taste so good and fresh, eating healthy isn’t a chore after all, it’s a pleasure!
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Salad
- 8 crevettes or king prawns, cooked
- 1/2 bag of rocket or salad
- 1 papaya peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 baby plum or cherry tomatoes halved
For the Dressing
- 1/2 bunch of coriander finely chopped
- zest of 1 and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp dried or 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded (I used chilli flakes)
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp homemade chilli oil (recipe here)
- Prepare the crevette’s or prawns by peeling and deveining them, give them a wash under a cold tap, set aside.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Split the prepared rocket, papaya, avocado and tomatoes between 2 serving dishes.
- Lay the prepared crevettes on top and spoon over dressing.
One Comment Add yours
LikeLiked by 1 person