If you like peanut butter or Reese’s then you will love this recipe and you don’t need many ingredients just a bit of time and patience. Unlike the well known Reese’s these are less sweet, a higher quality of chocolate and have no preservatives. They remind me of when I was a kid and I use to buy the chocolate cups from the sweetie shop. As it is Easter and our birthday’s, I made 2 chocolate treats and really enjoyed doing it too. It definitely beats buying an Easter egg.
Ingredients (Double if you want more than a dozen)
- 25g white chocolate, chopped
- 50g smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 75g milk chocolate, broken into squares
- 75g dark chocolate, broken into squares
1. Separate your mini cases so you can fill them quickly later
2. Start by preparing the peanutbutter filling. Tip the white chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and melt in 10-second blasts in the microwave on a low setting. Remove, stir until smooth and add the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix to combine and set aside.
3. Place the milk and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring frequently until silky smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each paper case, then spoon roughly 1 level teaspoon of the peanut butter and white chocolate mixture into each cup, flattening the mixture slightly with the back of the spoon. Cover the peanut butter with another teaspoon of melted chocolate and tap the tin gently on the work surface, so that the chocolate covers the peanut butter in a smooth layer.
4. Cool in fridge until set and serve